Sunday 26 October 2014

Showcase Sunday #16

 
“It’s such a surprise that Amanda spent a lot of money in Waterstones” said no person ever.

I had a little bit of birthday money left over (for those of you who forgot - I like books and coffee… Just sayin’) so I headed off to my nearest book shop as it was itching to be spent. I’m so happy with all of my purchases and can’t wait to show you all what I bought.


Firstly I picked up the first and third books in The Hunger Games trilogy. I managed to get the second book, Catching Fire a coupe of weeks ago for an unbelievable 50p (gasp!) I’ve wanted to read the books from beginning to end for a while, and have refused to watch the movies, bar the first, until I do. (And I devoured the first book in just a couple of days - review coming soon!)




Then, I noticed the latest shopaholic book, Shopaholic to the Stars! I knew that it was coming out this year but completely missed its launch in September, so I’m glad to finally have my hands on this. I’ve loved Sophie Kinsella’s books for the longest time - she has such a great wit and her books are incredibly entertaining. I always manage to read them in a few days. 


My final purchase was The Writer's Toolbox. I’m planning to participate with NaNoWriMo next week and although I’ve now completed Ready, Set, Novel in preparation, I thought that this fun looking planner kit would also help. It’s full to the brim with writing promts, games, cue cards and a writer’s manual.





So quite a splurge for me, but I’m very excited about every single one of these purchases and know that my birthday money was spent well!


I’d love to know what book swag you’ve gotten this week!
 
 
| follow me | tweet me | email me |

2 comments:

  1. That's writer's toolbox looks so good. I've always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo but November is usually one of my most busy months of the year. I hope you have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the next Shopaholic book! Good luck next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...