Saturday 21 March 2015

But first, let me take a shelfie

 


 
It looks like I've finally gotten herself a bookshelf! (Rather fitting really given the name of the blog!) My boyfriend and I finally moved into our new flat a couple of weeks ago and it's beginning to look a lot like home. 

Naturally, the first thing I unpacked was my books to fill our beautifully tall case. I've never actually had a bookshelf of my own before, just multiple DIY shelves in my room and ever-grown piles littering the floor. So I was over the moon when we realised that we'd get this bookcase in our flat when we moved in. 

I found sorting through each book and finding a place for it very soothing, and can imagine rearranging them being such a relaxing process. Of course, some of the boy's books managed to sneak their way in too. (some!) and we've decorated it with little bric-a-brac pieces. 

It was definitely one of my favourite parts of moving out!

How do you organise your books?

 
 | follow me | tweet me | email me |

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, it's so magical! I hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, but I suppose I'm a little bias. x

      Delete
  2. I don't have a bookshelf... Or a house. But I am getting a teeny tiny mini bookcase for my bedroom at my mum's soon, so I'll actually be allowed to keep some of my books! Still, it won't be as lovely as yours... How long did it take you to organise? Is there a special order? I'm an alphabetical person myself, but colour order is lovely too...!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to organise my books by genre so I can reach for whatever I'm in the mood for!

    I love your "shelfie" - especially the little TY beanie making an appearance!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...