Monday 20 January 2014

C'mon, get happy! #100happydays


Let's banish January blues once and for all, and start celebrating the little things in life that make us happy. I first heard about the #100happydays challenge from Zara at Page 394, The challenge is simple, everyday take a quick snap of something that has made you happy and do it everyday, for a 100 days! Sounds pretty fun, right?

According to the #100happydays website, 71% of people who fail this challenge quote lack of time as their excuse. I find this very sad as surely it's only a minute or two out of your day, and those minutes certainly aren't wasted, they're being used to document happiness. And that's never a waste of time in my book!  

One of the things I really like about this challenge is that it forces you to document those little moments that you might not have fully appreciated otherwise. Personally, I've been in a bit of a low place recently, and I feel like this challenge is exactly what I need to pull me out of my funk. But even if I weren't, it's so important to be grateful and thankful for the many gifts we're given each day. 

So, how does this work? Well, you can find out more information (and sign up) on the #100happydays website, but you pick a social media platform of choice, and upload a photo everyday with the hashtag #100happydays. I've chosen Instagram for my challenge, and you can also find my pictures through the hashtag #amandasadventures. 

So, what are you waiting for? It's time to get snappy happy! 

| follow me | tweet me | email me |

2 comments:

  1. just signed up for this after reading this blog post! such a brilliant idea! One of my unvoiced resolutions this year is to kinda more appreciate the simple things more and to take more photos. This is definitely going to help it and knowing somebody else is doing it too will definitely be a good push! Thank you for sharing!!
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do end up doing this, let me know. I'd love to follow you on which ever social media site you're uploading them too! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...