Wednesday 26 February 2014

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!


I'm so happy to let you all know that I've been nominated for a Liebster award. The lovely Karolina at Karolina's Bookshelf Reflections has nominated me for the award, along with a few other fellow book bloggers.

 The Liebster Blog Award translates to "the beloved" or "the dearest". The award is given as a way to celebrate smaller blogs. (Only blogs with under 200 followers can be awarded.) Before you accept the award, there are a certain set of tasks you must complete. The first is to reveal 11 facts about you, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer. Phew! Now let's get to it!


  11 Facts about Me

1) I have recently dropped out of a teaching training degree and although it was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make, it turned out for the best. I'm now in a job I love and am really excited for the future.

2) Every year I try to learn French. Every year I fail.

3) I have a pet chinchilla with only one back leg.

4) I play acoustic guitar.

5) I absolutely love board games and have seven different versions of Monopoly (and counting!)

6) I've been with my boyfriend for two years, and we're planning on moving out together this year.

7) My best friend looks like Chris O'Dowd (Roy from The IT Crowd).

8) My favourite authors are F. Scott Fitzgerald and Nick Hornby. 

9) I wear winged eyeliner so often that my face seems unrecognisable without it. 

10) In the future I'd like to live somewhere by the sea and be able to surf every weekend. 

11) At the beginning of last year I cut off most of my hair and donated it to The Little Princess Trust to be made into wigs for children going through cancer treatments. 


























11 Questions from Karolina:

1) What prompted you to start blogging?

I've been blogging on-and-off for about three years, but this blog was made as a creative outlet for me to write and make friends. I set myself a reading challenge, and way I went!


2) If you could choose to marry any character out of any book who would you choose and why? 

I must admit, I've never "fallen in love" with a character from a book, but if I had to choose though I'd probably say Luke Brandon from the Confessions of a Shopaholic series. He's witty, successful and is romantic without being over-the-top or soppy. 


3) What is the weirdest thing you have ever done? 

I've done quite a lot of weird things! I've walked around town with a "free hugs" sign before and participated in a zombie walk. It was very fun scaring people! 


4) What is your favourite book series and why? 

Hmm, tough one! I think I'm going to have to go with The Chronicles of Narnia as they were some of the first books I read when I was a child.


5) What is the last book you cried over?

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. Oh my god! I finished reading it before a lecture at university. Everyone wondered what had happened to me when I arrived as my eyes were bloodshot and puffy!


6) Which book would you like to give a different ending to than the author intended? What would it be?

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. I really enjoyed this book as it was very witty and reminded me of Nick Hornby's books, however not a lot of the problems were resolved in the end. It didn't seem fully finished to me. I'm not sure what I'd prefer though as an alternative ending.


7) What author (living or dead) would you like to meet given the chance?

F Scott Fitzgerald, no contest. I have a love affar with the 1920's and I'd love to know all about that time and what inspired his stories. I'd also want to know all about his relationship with Zelda! 


8) You are flying over the ocean with your whole library in two. The plane crashes but you can save three books. Quick! Which will you save?






A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Great Gatsby by Nick Hornby 

(But my entire library of books would be far too heavy to carry onto a plane!) 


9) Two characters from different books are in a cage-fight. Who are they and who would win?

Scott Pilgrim (Scott Pilgrim VS the World) VS Tom (All My Friends are Superheroes). They'd be a good match because they're both in over-the-top fantastical books/graphic novels. I'm not sure who'd win though, but I think my money would be on Scott (After all, he defeated seven evil exes!) 
10) Say you never fell under the spell of reading. What would you be doing right now?
I'd probably be blogging about films (my other love).


11) You can be anyone you want, living person or fictional character. Who would you be and why?

I wouldn't necessarily like to be another person but I'd love to have experienced what it was like to be a flapper girl in the 1920s! 


I nominate these lovely bloggers:


My questions for the nominees:
  • Whats your favourite book and why?
  • What made you decide to start your blog?
  • What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?
  • Who would be your ideal dinner guests (living or dead)?
  • Who are the top five people you'd most like to meet? 
  • If you had to live in a decade other than your own, which one would you choose and why?
  • What's your favourite season?
  • If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
  • Where's your favourite place? 
  • What's your favourite type of food?
  • How do you like to spend your free time? 

4 comments:

  1. I was reading this, sympathising at your attempts at learning French - it's one of my hopes - and enjoying reading about you and then I saw you nominated me! Thank you so much! Awesome post and I loved seeing that you donated your hair to The Little Princess Trust. That's seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll both eventually learn French, I'm sure!

      And no problem for the nomination. I love reading your blog. :) x

      Delete
  2. I loved the answers you gave to my questions! I especially enjoyed the fact that I am not the only one attempting to learn French over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Looks like there's three of us now who keep failing at French!! We'll have to form some sort of support group! x

      Delete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...