Sunday 22 June 2014

Showcase Sunday #11

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

This Showcase Sunday was actually meant for last week, so really it should be called 'Last-Showcase Sunday'! 

While looking for a friends birthday present last week, I got distracted by Waterstones and took full advantage of their 'buy one, get one half price' offer. I brought The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn to read by the end of this month as a part of my yearly book challenge

I also picked up It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I saw the film version recently and completely fell in love with it. It's about a young boy who sets himself ridiculously high standards, as a result of which, suffers with depression. He admits himself into a psychiatric hospital, and the story explores his own journey as well as the people he meets there.

Let me know what books you've acquired this week. Drop your Showcase Sunday links in the comments and I'll be sure to head over to your blog and have a look! 


| follow me | tweet me | email me |

4 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your new books and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved 'It's Kind of a Funny Story' :)
    It was one of those rare books that really stuck with me. Funnily enough when I first tried to read it I couldn't get into it at all (all the American slang threw me off a bit and I didn't think it'd interest me) but once I'd given it more than ten minutes of my time I whizzed through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not started it yet, but I've heard about the American slang being quite hard to get used to - really looking forward to starting it though. I loved the film! x

      Delete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...