Wednesday 1 October 2014

A Poem a Day Keeps the Doctor Away....

 

This book will soon hold all of the deepest darkest depths of my mind in eloquent and thought-provoking prose. (Pfffft. Yeah right...) But I go in with all good intentions for Poem A Day October!

I was lucky enough to accidentally discover this group on Facebook and I just knew I had to take part. One of my goals for the longest time is to write more - having fallen short at June's Camp NaNoWriMo, I thought this would be a great way to ease myself back into creative writing.

October has always been my favourite months (and not just because of my birthday!) I've always loved autumn - the gorgeous burnt orange colours and crunchy leaves. I adore the summer, but I always look forward to dusting off my old woolen coats. Hot drinks, Halloween and darker evenings will ensure that I'm not short of any inspiration!

Also, October is all important NaNoWriMo planning and preparation time. I've been in two minds whether to participate this year. It would be my first time and I've slowly been making my way through Ready, Steady, Novel (would recommend it to any aspiring fiction writer!) So a daily poem might give me some much-needed inspiration!

Are you setting yourself a challenge this month? Let me know! Also, if you have any tips or experiences about NaNoWriMo I'd love to hear them.
 
 
 
| follow me | tweet me | email me |

3 comments:

  1. Writing a poem every day for a month would be such an achievement! Rather you than me though - poetry is just not my thing! Good luck though!
    I'm in two minds about NaNoWriMo as well. I already struggle to find time to do things, how will I cope with writing a mini novel on top of that? And what if I fail... Hmm, this will take a lot of thinking over!
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do NaNoWriMo - we could help each other out :) x

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty notebook! Good luck writing a poem each day! Suppose it will be difficult, but so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...