Thursday 1 May 2014

April Book Challenge Review: Everyman's Poetry by William Wordsworth and #BEDM!

Everyman's Poetry - William Wordsworth


































Last month I completed the April book challenge by reading a collection of poems by William Wordsworth. 

I must admit, I struggled slightly with this month's challenging as I haven't read much poetry since leaving college. I love poetry, but I think it's better celebrated with other people. One of the things I loved most about A Level English Literature was the fact that after reading poetry we'd all discuss the different meanings and perceptions. 

The fact that I read this book alone, like I would a fiction book, made me enjoy it slightly less. However, this isn't a critic against the poetry because as expected it was beautifully written. 

William Wordsworth writes a lot about the beauty of nature, so it was perfect reading this during the springtime when most trees are starting to blossom. 

Overall, I enjoyed it and I've decided that I want to read more poetry and make myself find the joys in reading it alone. 

May's book challenge is slightly delayed this month (I've been rushed off my feet this week) but all will be revealed tomorrow so keep your eyes out for that! 



And on a completely unrelated note, I've decided to participate in this: 

Blog Every Day in May badge

LETS DO THIS! 


| follow me | tweet me | email me |

4 comments:

  1. Well done on Wordsworth, it's good to do something different. I think you're very brave posting everyday in May, I struggle posting three times a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle too, so this is going to be a real challenge!! x

      Delete
  2. I love your reading challenge, I think it sounds fabulous. I struggle to find new books to read each month, certainly going to follow your monthly suggestions.
    I am doing the BEDM, slightly nervous because I only blogged 5 times in April whoops ha ha.
    Good luck with it.
    Gi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Looks like we're both in for a challenge then! I'm looking forward to it though. :D x

      Delete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...