Monday 1 December 2014

NaNoWriMo treats


After completing my 50,000 word goal for National Novel Writhing Month (NaNoWriMo) yesterday, I decided that I deserved a treat (or three!) So let's take a little look at my most recent haul.

In the haze of my achievement, I picked out Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. The story that I wrote for NaNoWriMo was a YA novel. What better way to get my creative juices flowing again than to read some short stories from some of the most acclaimed young adult novelists? Each story is also focused on Christmas which I was very excited about! My festive decorations are now up and I'm feeling very Christmassy, so this will be a perfect read for me over the holidays.

The second book I picked up was How Not to Write a Novel by Sandra Newman and Howard Mittelmark. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book so I could cross reference style and tips with my own story. (Although my boyfriend had already bought it me for a Christmas surprise... Which shows how well he knows me!) I can already tell that this is going to be a God send when it comes to the editing process and I've already made a lot of my own notes and I'm only 25 pages in!

And lastly, I picked up a Baby Frostie from Lust, two gorgeous smelling bath bombs wrapped in a scarf to look like a snowman! The perfect way to relax now all of the initial work is over. 

If you completed NaNoWriMo this year, what was your November treat?




| follow me | tweet me | email me |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...