Sunday 6 April 2014

Showcase Sunday #6: The Good Children Roopa Farooki

Showcase Sunday is hosted by the lovely Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. It's a chance for bloggers to show of their weekly book swag and an opportunity to meet other bloggers and talk about all things bookish! 

I've received another book from BookBridgr this week. It was a surprise that it came so quickly as I'd only requested it a couple of nights before. The Good Children is set in 1940s Lahore, Punjab. The book is centred around four siblings who are brought up to be "good children".

Obedience and honour seem to be the two main running themes in this book. The tag line is Leaving home is one thing, going back is another. This book seems perfect for me as I enjoy reading about families, and the conflicts and struggles they sometimes have to face together. 

Thank you again to BookBridgr and Tinder Press for sending me this to review. I can't wait to get stuck in! 

What did everyone else buy, borrow or receive this week? 

| follow me | tweet me | email me |

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, lucky you! I've had no luck with Book Bridgr, obviously my profile sucks :O
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep requesting books on their though. I'm sure you'll get a few eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter (writing review this evening), Matched (anxious to read the next book in the series) and received Kindergarten Baby. Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to check your reviews out. It all sounds good! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm new to this book blog lark so am only just discovering sites like Book Bridgr. I've just registered with them so fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant. You'll have to let me know if you receive any good books! :) x

      Delete
  5. This sounds intriguing!!! Bookbridgr is awesome, I've gotten a few from them already :) Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant, aren't they?! I've gotten a couple too.

      Delete
  6. Sounds totally intriguing!
    Happy reading!

    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm looking forward to starting it. :) xx

      Delete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...