Monday 17 November 2014

NaNoWriMo - Week 2 update

These are my absolute life savers at the moment. I'm now more than half way through NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I am feeling it!
 
There's a common belief that the second week of NaNoWriMo is the hardest and after my first experience, I can confirm that it's been pretty tough. Once I reached about 20k words, I started to become stuck, after all my characters, settings and important scenes were written I wasn't really sure where to take the rest of my story.

My novel has also unintentionally took a complete redirection from my original ideas and that needs to be reigned back in the coming week. During the first week everything was structured and I knew exactly what I'd be writing next, whereas this week I've fallen off track.

But just when I started to feel disapointed with myself, something wonderful happened. I hit 25k words. I'm exactly half way through and I keep telling myself that I can do this. I got this far, right?

My word count seems to be down most days now, which wasn't the case in week one, but I'm looking forward to bringing it back up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...