Friday 9 May 2014

BEDM Day 9: Motivation

Motivation. This topic couldn't have come at a better time.

I must be honest, I wasn't in the mood for blogging today, but with an hour until midnight left I'm sat here typing away.

Why? Because I've set myself this challenge. Testing myself is my way of self-motivation. I like to know my limits and setting myself mini-tasks (like blogging every day in May) help me do that. 

It's a strange thing motivation, sometimes I can sit down and just write reams and reams. I'll have tons of ideas and I can't wait to get pen to paper, and other times there's absolutely nothing. It feels like my brain is empty. 

In those moments it's not motivation or inspiration that spurs me on, it's routine. And I think that's just as important as being inspired. Once you get yourself in a routine to write or do something creative, that's when you'll start noticing improvements. 

One of the best pieces of advice I got from World Book Night was to just keep writing - even when you don't feel like it. 

And that's why this post has not structure or photographs or anything that's aesthetically pleasing, but I did it. I blogged when I didn't feel like it. I pushed myself and that's my motivation. 


Now it's your turn, what do you use as motivation? 


| follow me | tweet me | email me |

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a really great point, that routine can also be a motivating factor. I've not thought of it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...