Sunday 11 May 2014

Reading for pleasure...

I hope everybody's having a great Sunday.

I thought I'd blog about something that has been on my mind a lot today, and that's reading challenges.

It's brilliant to challenge yourself to something. I've got quite a few challenges going on at the moment, including Blog Every Day in May and my own book challenge for this year. 

Challenges are a great way to test yourself and discover something, but what happens if a challenge stops becoming fun? 

I think that reading should always be a joy, and if you're not enjoying it any more, put the book down and move on to the next. Life's too short for books that don't make you happy! 


| follow me | tweet me | email me |

1 comment:

  1. Definitely! If I'm not enjoying a book after a chapter or two then I leave it and move on to the next. If perhaps I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for it I might come back to it, otherwise I donate it somewhere. There are so many books I want to read, I don't have the time to finish a book I'm not enjoying just because I 'ought' to. Reminds me too much of studying books at school!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...